January 24-Did you know 50% of the tree cover in SeaTac, Des Moines and Burien grows in yards and on private land? Protecting and helping increase tree cover starts at home. In support of this, residents in Burien, SeaTac and Des Moines are eligible to receive one free tree (per household) to plant in their yard.
The first pick-up event will be on Saturday, March 28th from 10 am – 2 pm in Burien.*
- be a resident of Burien, SeaTac, or Des Moines and agree to plant their tree in their yard (not in a right of way or at another location).
- determine which of the 6 available trees are right for their yard and can use our quiz to help them do this.
- register via the online form before March 15, 2020.
- be available to come pick up their tree on March 28th from 10 am-2pm. Contact us with concerns.
- agree to plant, water, and care for their tree. The resident will take on all future maintenance of their tree.
- Renters must have agreement from their landlord. We advise using our Landlord Letter for Tree Planting.
To learn more click here.