April 22-Local hero, Dennis Hayes, is credited with the starting Earth Day 50 years ago as a way to help save planet Earth from environmental destruction. The annual event inspires countless actions every year, and today, the City of SeaTac is proud to report on the steps we’ve taken during the last year to help fulfill this important mission.
- We worked with local non-profit, Forterra, to plant over 200 native plants at Angle Lake Park.
- We have begun re-introducing salmon to Des Moines Creek.
- We provided tools to help 100’s of citizens collect litter around the City.
- We’ve installed 20 street side litter cans around the City.
- We helped divert 8,589 tons of material away from the landfill.
For more information on actions you can take to help protect Mother Earth, please visit: https://www.earthday.org/